Monday, March 18, 2013

Perspectives: Want or Need?

I had a wonderful weekend. Not that it was all fun, as it included cleaning house and doing laundry, but I stop to realize how fortunate I am to have a house to clean and laundry to wash. When I lost my job, I had no idea what to expect. The one thing I knew was that God is faithful. That doesn't mean I get to keep all my creature comforts. It means he is what I really need.
 


I thought about the scene in The Inheritance when Heavenly Wisdom tells Jejune that all he needs will be provided and how often he tries to bend that to mean it will provide what he wants. Like when he picked the fruit and was told he wasn't to take it with him on his journey. Or when he meets Humility who is willing to share his last crust of bread and how Jejune feels when Lady Chary comes along eats it and then complains that it is stale. What did he do? ...well if I told you that, you wouldn't need to read the book.

"May the Lord be praised! Day after day He bears our burdens; God is our salvation. Selah" (Psalm 68:19 HCSB)




The Inheritance by Donna Sundblad

No comments:

Post a Comment